Vision, Mission and Goals
The Vice-Rectorate for Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (in French, Études supérieures et postdoctorales (ESP)) remains on the leading edge of higher education to ensure that students benefit from the optimal environment for achieving their academic project that will allow them contribute to edifying of a better society.
- Provide strong leadership in the development of graduate and postdoctoral studies.
- Mobilize the various stakeholders to improve Université de Montréal Graduate Students academic and life experience, from admission all through graduation.
- Ensure academic watch and animation for the development of Higher Education in the University.
- Contribute to the updating and creation of graduate programs.
- Mobilize disciplinary partnerships to stimulate the emergence of interdisciplinary training programs.
- Promote the ongoing improvement of graduate students supervision.
- Optimize funding for graduate students.
- Enrich the professional development program for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Support faculties in the academic management of graduate studies.
- Collaborate closely with the departments and services for international collaborations and student hosting.
- Ensure compliance with educational regulations, standards and policies.